Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ultrasound results

Hi all thank you so much for the lovely comments I have recieved in relation to your understanding regarding my "name". You are all awesome :)

Well I went and had my ultrasound to check the lining of my uterus. I was a little nervous at having to bring Nickie and also because last time I had this ultrasound (before they implanted the embryo that turned out to be my beautiful boy) it turned into a big drama. I have a number of cysts on my ovaries because I have PCOS but this particular time they saw something that looked like a larger cyst and it sparked a whole investigation into what it was. They wondered at first whether it was a corpus luteum which would have suggested that I ovulated on my own and therefore they would have had to delay the embryo transfer. It ended up being nothing major but it was very stressful at the time because all I wanted was to have my embryo put in, yet I had to be subjected to numerous blood tests and extra ultrasounds first before I got the green light. I was hoping this time would be more straightforward.

Well I got my wish. I went in and Nickie sat in his stroller playing with his toy giraffe. he was quiet the whole time. Every now and then he looked up and checked to see what I was doing, and then when he saw I was right there he would give me a look that said "oh ok, there you are, everything's fine" and then he would go back to his toy. I was so proud of him, what a gem!! They did the ultrasound and then I had to go home and wait for my nurse to call, which she just has now. She told me that the ultrasound was perfect and that my embryo transfer will be Thursday the 18th of June!!! I'm so excited. This time next week I could be pregnant. If you could all send out your very best prayers/good vibes etc that the embryo will thaw successfully (as there is a 5-10% chance it won't survive thawing) and obviously that the transfer goes well that would be so good.

Just quickly before I sign off as Nickie has just gone to bed for a nap and I really do need to do some housework I just wanted to share with you all that I'm so proud of him because he is getting so close to rolling over! I got some great pics of him yesterday which I would love to post here but I guess it defeats the purpose of anonymity if I'm posting photos. Hmmm. haha
He is getting so so big, time is flying by. It seems like only yesterday they were putting him in my "tummy" and I was saying my prayers that he would hold on! Thank goodness he did. Here's hoping his has a little brother or sister on the way soon.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Awww, Nickie sounds like such a good boy. :) Can't wait to hear about him rolling over :)