Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nickie has been invited to his first party!

I have many friends who have children and as a result I have been to many a children's birthday party. I have, as the "friend without children", been on pass the parcel duty, balloon blowing duty, cupcake duty....you name it. Never have I ever been a mother with a child to actually bring to the party to be a legitimate guest. On Saturday I will be and I am so excited!!!!

A friend of mine that I met through mother's group has a daughter that was born in the same week as Nickie. She also has an older boy who is turning two this Saturday and Nickie has been invited to the party. It is at a petting zoo. Today we went out and chose a present for the birthday boy. I had no idea what to get a two year old so I called another friend of mine who also has a little boy who is almost two. She said her own little boy is quite into learning games like puzzles so that's what I decided to get. So Nickie and I went off to the shopping centre today and chose a puzzle. It is a little twelve piece one (box says ages 2+ so we should be fine with that!) and it is of Postman Pat. I have no idea what "characters" two year old kids are interested in as of course Nickie isn't up to that stage yet. I remember Postman Pat from when I was a kid so hopefully he's not out of date! Hopefully poor old Pat hasn't been made reduntant in these uncertain times haha.

Brad thinks that it's hilarious that Mama is more excited about the party than the child! I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

twondra said...

Hope you have a good time at the party! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

twondra said...

You have an award on my blog! (((HUGS)))