Thursday, April 2, 2009

Welcome to the journey!

Hi to all that happen to come across this attempt at blogging, and thanks for reading! I have to start by explaining that I am so not the best at anything computer related so I apologise in advance if this blog is not as exciting as others but I'm hoping to learn as I go :)

My name is Paxton Campbell and I am 26 years old. I live in Melbourne, Australia. My husband Brad and I were married 4 years ago and we have spent much of our married life thus far trying to have a baby. I don't really know where to start in summing up this period of our lives because it was a very rocky road. There were tears and many tough days once we realised that babies were something that was not going to come easy to us. After many treatments (including finally an IVF cycle) we finally got our miracle and we welcomed our precious little boy, Nicholas, into the world this January.

Now for the purpose of this blog! I look at Nickie and feel so thankful that he is here. I love children so much and have always wished to be a mother and I feel so content knowing that dream is finally a reality. I am so grateful as I know it quite easily might never have happened. I know other people who have tried for much longer than we did and they still don't have their miracle. If I never in my life have another child then I will still feel nothing short of absolutely blessed to have my son. But the truth is I would love another child. I would love a little brother or sister for Nickie. I would love to give Brad a daughter or even another son.

Both Brad and I have decided that IVF isn't for us anymore. There are many reasons for this, but the easiest way of putting it is that IVF is just too hard in every way. Emotionally, financially, physically, mentally...it is just so tough. We have one embryo left in frozen storage and we are eagar to use it soon but after that we are on our own. Who knows - we might get lucky and this will be a short journey! But deep down, I am ready for another long road in trying to have our second baby. I figure I could use some friends along the way! So there you have it: that's my story and this is my blog. Welcome!