Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm an Aunty!!!

Yes, guys my nephew has arrived! Rhea was due on Dec 11 and bubs ended up making an entrance this morning. A little late but not far behind schedule at all. We went for a flying visit this afternoon to see him (and of course to see Rhea and Paul) and he was just gorgeous. I didn't want to bombard Rhea with visitors right away so I asked her would she like us to come on Tuesday when she rang this morning to tell us the good news. I thought maybe she would like today to rest as she is quite a conservative and private person. Also Monday was out because it's a work day for me. Rhea surprised me by saying she would love to see us today for a quick visit as she was excited to share her boy's arrival with us. So off to the hospital we went!

Rhea was in good spirits but she was quite tired as was Paul. It has been a long labour. We had no idea as Rhea warned us she was kind of shy about having us all know when she was in labour and therefore she would not be telling us when that happened. She just wanted to call us when it was all over and he was here, which is exactly what happened. Apparently contractions started at 4am yesterday and she was at home for 12 hours having mild contractions before they got painful enough for her to want to be in hospital. They got there at 4pm. She then laboured all night until bubs was born at 7.01am. She said she lasted until 1am before asking for the epidural. I think she did a great job and obviously she will sleep well tonight.

The really annoying thing though is obviously on this blog I use fake names, however I'm really excited to tell you all his real name because I really do love it. I'm really in two minds about what to do so for now I am just going to call him "J".

Yay!!! I'm an aunty everyone!! And Nickie is a big cousin!!!

1 comment:

twondra said...

Congratulations on becoming an auntie! It's the greatest feeling in the world. :)